If you are on the lookout for an industrial style, heavy duty and highly durable sewing machine, then the Juki DDL-8700-H industrial straight stitch sewing machine is the right choice.
This is a heavy-duty sewing machine that can be used to sew high-quality straight stitch on medium to heavy material. The machine has a large arm space that can be used for sewing large material like quilts. The machine also has a self-lubrication mechanism and hence maintenance of the machine is rather easy.
The unique feature of this sewing machine is that it can sew 5500 stitches per minute. This is very fast when compared to other machines and you can finish sewing projects in no time using this machine.
The Juki DDL-8700_H industrial straight stitch sewing machine is designed in a white finish with blue prints on it. It is an ecofriendly model that confirms to Juki Eco products standard. Thus, using this machine does not cause any harm to the environment. Moreover, the machine does not use any hazardous substances for its manufacture.
Juki DDL-8700-H Key Features
The Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine is an industrial machine that is used mainly for commercial purpose. The machine is strong and sturdy and is highly durable. It can be used for sewing medium to heavy fabrics like multiple layers of leather, denim and suede.
The machine comes with all-metal gears that does not break off easily. Thus, once purchased the machine will last for years.
110 Volt Servo Motor
The 110-volt servo motor used in this machine helps to carry out heavy-duty work with ease. Though the machine makes use of high power, it is very quiet in its operation which is very rare in case of industrial sewing machines.
Another advantage of using 1100-volt servo motor is that it uses less power than other types of motor.
This heavy-duty sewing machine can be used for sewing straight stitches for a long time. Once switched on, the single needle of the machine can go sewing straight stitch for the whole day. Because of the high-quality parts of the machine, it does not wear off easily.
If you want to undertake large sewing projects like making leather jackets or denim jeans then the Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine can be used.
Fast stitch speed
The Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine has a stitch speed of 5500 stitches per minute. Thus, projects can be finished very fast with this sewing machine. In production houses where large volume of garments needs to be turned around, this heavy-duty sewing machine can be used. Similarly, in top fashion schools where the machine needs to run continuously, this machine comes handy.
If, by any chance, you are not happy with the stitching speed, you can adjust it using the knob at the back of the machine.
11-inch arm space
The sewing machine has a large arm space around 11 inches. This makes it easy to undertake large projects like dressmaking, quilting and making home décor products. This is one of the reasons why the Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine is widely used for commercial sewing.
5 mm stitch length
The Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine comes with 5mm stitch length that makes it ideal for sewing medium to heavy weight fabric. The number of stitches per inch is six that lets you do a close job. Whether you want to sew beautiful garments or home décor products like curtain, it is possible with this sewing machine.
Automatic lubrication system.
There is no need to lubricate the machine manually at regular intervals as the Juki DDL-8700_H sewing machine has an automatic lubrication system. Thus, maintaining the machine is very easy and does not require any special effort from your end.
LED lit work area
An LED light is fixed pointing to the work area of the machine. Thus, you can sew the machine with ease. Even if you want to sew on dark colored fabric, it is quite easy in the Juki DDL-8700_Hstraight stitch sewing machine because of the LED work area.
The Juki DDL-8700_HIndustrial straight stitch sewing machine is made of Juki eco products that are environment friendly. The machine also complies with the “Juki group green procurement guidelines” on using hazardous products.
Juki DDL-8700-H Accessories
Just like all sewing machines, the DDL-8700-H Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing machine comes with the following accessories that makes your sewing task easy.
- Bobbin: The bobbin is a cylindrical accessory that can be used to wind the thread. The DDL-8700-H Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing machine comes with 1no of bobbin made of high-quality material.
- Knee lifter: The knee lifter is a lever that helps you control the operation of a sewing machine. Instead of using your hand to raise and lower the presser foot, you can control it using yourknee. By using a knee lifter your hands are free to concentrate on the fabric being sewn. The machine comes with 1no of knee lifter.
- Machine oil: The oil ensures that the machine is well lubricated and runs smoothly without any interruption.
- Oil pan: This pan prevents oil stains on the fabric and also makes it easy to maintain the machine.
- Walking foot: The walking foot helps to evenly feed the fabric while quilting. The foot helps to grip and move the top layer of the fabric under the needle at the same pace as the feed dog moves the bottom layer of the fabric.
In addition to this, the machine also comes with an instruction manual that contains all details about operating the machine.
Juki DDL-8700-H Pros
- Reasonably priced: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine is priced reasonably when compared to other industrial machines with the same feature. But whether the machine is reasonable or not depends on the purpose for which you use it.
If you use the machine for stitching hem or patch just once in a while, then this machine can be expensive. But if you work on different types of fabric, especially thick fabric, then this machine is a fair deal.
- Quiet operation: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine does not make any sound as is normally found in other industrial sewing machines or old models of machines. This is because of the 110-volt servo motor used in the machine. Thus, this is the right industrial machine if you are running sewing business from home as you need not worry about disturbing your neighbors.
- Plenty of arm space: The machine has 11 inches of arm space which is large when compared to other machines. Thus, the machine is very spacious and you can undertake large projects that require more space.
- No need for oiling: The machine comes with auto-lubrication system. Thus, there is no need to oil the machine manually for its smooth operation. This saves your effort and time.
- Easy to operate: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine comes with a knee lifter that helps to raise and lower the presser foot without using the hands. Thus, it is very easy to sew on this machine. The machine has one of the best needles – Organ DBx1 – which makes the sewing even more easy.
- Strong and sturdy: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine weighs around 75 pounds and is made of all metal parts that are durable. Thus, it is very strong and does not break easily.
- Stitch multiple layer: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine has a strong motor that can stitch multiple layers of leather, vinyl and other furniture upholstery fabric. The machine can also be used for stitching car upholstery.
At the same time, it can also be used for sewing delicate fabric like silk. The best way is to swap the feed dog to the nylon ones so that delicate fabric can be sewn without any trouble.
- Easy maintenance: This sewing machine has an auto-lubricating option. Thus, you do not have to manually lubricate the machine. This makes it easy to maintain the machine.
- Eco-friendly:The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine complies with the Juki eco products standard and hence is environment friendly. It also complies with the “Juki Group Green Procurement Guidelines” on the use of hazardous material. If you are environment conscious, then the Juki Juki DDL-8700_H sewing machine is the right choice.
- User-friendly: Though it is strong and sturdy, the Juki DDL-8700_H sewing machine can be used by all. The instruction manual that comes along with the machine contains all the information about operating the machine. You can also check online for Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine tutorial. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, you can sew easily with this machine.
Juki DDL-8700-H Cons
- No detailed instruction for assembling: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine is delivered in parts. Thus, you need to assemble the various parts of the machine before you can start sewing. Though the machine comes with an instruction manual, there is no detailed instruction for assembling the same. You will have to figure out the way to assemble the product all by yourself. Thus, if you are not used to such mechanical task, then you will find it difficult to assemble the machine
- Heavy weight: Being an industrial sewing machine, the Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine is very heavy. It weighs around 75 pounds. Hence, moving it from one place to another is not easy. You need the help of two people to door deliver and assemble it and make it functional.
- Large size:This industrial machine has a total height of 48 inches and is 20 inches wide. Because of this, the machine requires a lot of space. If you have a small room set aside for sewing, then you might find it difficult to accommodate this machine.
- Only single stitch: The Juki DDL-8700_H straight stitch sewing machine is designed to provide simple straight stitch. It does not allow any variation in stitches. Because of this the machine cannot be used to stitch beautiful designs and patterns on garments.
If you are running a home-based garment business or a small tailoring shop, then the Juki DDL-8700_H Industrial straight stitch sewing machine would be a good choice. By going for additional foot, you can not only work on medium to heavy fabric, but on light fabric as well. Thus, you can sew a range of garments from skirts, jacket, polo shirts and even undergarments using this machine.
The only drawback of this machine is that you cannot create different types of stitches as the machine supports only straight stitch.