Removing print from the t-shirt becomes impossible when you do not know the right process. However, nothing can stop you from removing the print after understanding the process from here.
Connect with us to know about the techniques to remove the print from the t-shirt at home and other related information.
How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt At Home?
- How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt At Home?
- Steps To Remove Print From T-Shirt At Home
- Methods To Remove Print From T-Shirt At Home With Different Materials
- Factors To Consider While Removing Prints
- General Tips To Remove Prints From T-Shirts
- How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt Without Tearing Or Cutting?
- How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt Without Leaving Stain?
- How To Remove The Print Without Damaging The T-Shirt?
When a t-shirt becomes old, it looks unpleasant because of the print. You would like to remove the print from the t-shirt so that it does not look inappropriate when you wear it.
Many conceptions are there saying the prints cannot be removed. But by adopting the right method, it is possible to remove the print. Things like nail polish remover, spot removal gun, etc., can be used to do so.
Continue reading this to know how to remove the print from the t-shirt at home. We have enclosed some methods, general tips on removing, and factors to consider.
Steps To Remove Print From T-Shirt At Home
By following the process explained here, remove the print from your t-shirt at home.
Step 1: To begin with, place a towel on a surface with the t-shirt above it. The print to be removed should be facing up and put a waxed paper over it.
Step 2: Switch on the iron and put it onto the high cotton setting, and iron the paper to loosen the print. The heat from the iron will melt the print and continue with it till all of them have melted.
Step 3: With a plastic knife, work at the melted print to eliminate it. Turn the t-shirt down over a bath towel in a way that the backside is facing upwards.
Step 4: Take isopropyl alcohol and dip a cotton swab and wipe it on the backside. Saturate the entire fabric area using the alcohol and allow it to soak for 20 seconds.
Step 5: Face the t-shirt upwards so you can remove the loose parts of the print with a plastic knife.
Step 6: If the print has not been removed, repeat the procedure from step 4.
Methods To Remove Print From T-Shirt At Home With Different Materials
Let’s now look at some more processes to remove the prints. Definitely, one of the methods will help in removing the print completely.
1. Nail Polish Remover Method
Step 1. Wash the t-shirt with cold water first to remove the ink. Do not use hot water as it makes the ink stick more to the cloth.
Step 2. Dry the cloth using a dryer at high heat, and while doing so, you will see some parts of the prints have loosened.
Step 3. Peel it off with your hand and after that, put a sufficient amount of nail polish remover on the print area with a cotton ball. Place a little force, and you will see the ink is coming out.
Step 4. Wash the t-shirt as specified by the manufacturer and again dry it with a heater. The remaining prints will also get removed, and you have a print-free t-shirt.
2. Spot Removal Gun Method
Step 1. Load the spot removal gun with the liquid to be used for removing the print.
Step 2. Spray the print carefully on the print and not on the shirt, as it can leave a stain.
Step 3. Use a small piece of old cloth and water for wiping, and you should not leave any residue. To ensure the entire spot remover is out, wash the t-shirt and let it dry in a ventilated area.
3. Plastisol Removal Method
Step 1. Before you start the process, wear a face mask and gloves to avoid harming yourself.
Step 2. Take the t-shirt for which you want to remove the print and apply the remover on that area.
Step 3. If the print is on a smaller area, you can soak a cloth on the liquid and try applying it over the t-shirt. Continue this step a few times and see if the print has loosened.
Step 4. Use a brush over the print and gently brush them off so that the print loosens.
Step 5. With a soft piece of cloth, remove the plastisol remover before washing the t-shirt in cold water. Use a gentle detergent or any other product specified by the manufacturer.
Step 6. Use a drier or air dry the cloth, and you will see that most prints have already got removed by them. However, if there are small prints you can eliminate them using fingernails.
Step 7. Repeat the steps if you see that the print has not been removed fully. A piece of advice is not to use too much liquid as it can damage the fabric.
Factors To Consider While Removing Prints
A few safety measures are there to consider while removing the prints. It will help in ensuring you are safe and the prints are removed safely.
1. If you are using harsh materials, like spot removers, you should always prefer working in a well-ventilated area.
2. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions if you are using store-bought products.
3. While using different materials to remove the prints, wear face masks and gloves to protect your skin.
4. Your hand must be dry while using electrical appliances, like iron. Turn off the switch and unplug the plugs after your process is over.
5. Do not keep nail remover or alcohol near pets or kids as they can be harmful.
6. Before starting any process, it is always better to use the solution in a small area. If you see that it is safe and can be used, go ahead and the material.
7. Be careful while pouring the liquid, as a small quantity must be enough. While using the heated iron, do not use it on the print as it can solidify the print.
General Tips To Remove Prints From T-Shirts
1. The most important thing that you must avoid doing is washing the cloth in hot water. Otherwise, the print will solidify, and removing it will be difficult for you.
2. Before starting the method, ensure that the cloth is fully dried. While removing the print with an iron, you should not use the iron directly over the print as it solidifies.
3. Hand-washing the cloth repeatedly will eliminate the print from the t-shirt. The prints usually get removed when you wash it with the materials, like nail remover, etc.
How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt Without Tearing Or Cutting?
Some people while washing the clothes try to brush the paint area so harshly that it can tear. Also, when you are removing the print using an iron, you should use a plastic knife.
Some mistake it with the actual knife, which is why their t-shirt gets spoiled. Also, use isopropyl alcohol with the cotton ball for a required quantity. In some prints, a small quantity is sufficient, and if required, you can repeat the entire process.
How To Remove Print From A T-Shirt Without Leaving Stain?
While removing the print from the t-shirt, you should be careful. Some people use harsh chemicals to remove it but do not know about the process.
They use a huge quantity of liquid, which at times can leave a stain. Thus, it is always recommended to read the manufacturer’s guide to know if the liquid can be used in particular clothing material.
Especially, when you use the spot gun removable method, use the liquid carefully. The liquid should be used only over the print area, so there is no chance for stain.
How To Remove The Print Without Damaging The T-Shirt?
Various methods are there, like nail paint remover, spot removable gun method, plastisol removal method, etc.
All these solutions are safe for usage, and you must use gloves and masks while carrying out the process. In this way, you can remove the print of the t-shirt without damaging it.