- Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger Review
- Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced SergerAccessories
- Pros of Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger
- Cons of Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger with its wide range of cover stitches is the right choice to work on multiple fabric. It comes with a four color-coded threading guide, as well as a fast and easy looper threading system. The stitch length can easily be adjusted in the machine using the adjustable dial.
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced sergeris designed with a classic white body along with blue and black prints for labels. It also has a bulb to brighten up the work area.
The multiple accessories that form part of the Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV advanced serger makes your task rather easy.
Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger Review
3-4 thread cover stitch
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger can stitch three or four cover stitches for the fabric. This provides the option to create different types of cover stitches for materials of varying weight and thickness. Thus, the serger can be used for sewing fabric, both decorative and constructive purpose.
If you want to create a broader and stronger seam, then the four-thread cover stitch can be used. On the other hand, if you’re goingto sew a simple cotton fabric, then a two or three-thread cover stitch can be used.
Color-coded threading guide
The serger makes use of multi strands of thread for sewing. This can create confusion for a beginner. To avoid this, the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger comes with a color-coded threading guide. This guide makes your task of threading easy and ensures precise stitching. You do not have to worry about where each color of thread would go in the fabric as it is properly coded in the machine. Thus, it provides a high-quality finish.
Adjust dial for stitch length
This serger comes with an adjustable dial that can change the length of the stitch between 2mm and 4mm. Using this adjustable dial, different threads, and gather foot, you can create beautiful cover stitches. You can also finish the work fast and with precision using the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger.
The differential speed feature of the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger lets you adjust the speed at which the fabric is fed through the serger.
The serger comes with two sets of feed dogs – a front feed dog and a rear feed dog. A differential feed helps to control the movement of these feed dogs and thus adjust the speed with which the fabric is fed.
Snap-on presser foot
This feature of the serger allows you to attach the foot easily. All you have to do is release the lever on the shank to drop the foot and then pop the new foot to the shank to continue with your work.
Presser foot pressure adjustment
It is possible to adjust the pressure exerted by the presser foot on the fabric. If the material is likely to slip when the presser foot is down, then you should increase the pressure on the presser foot. On the other hand, if the fabric does not move appropriately while sewing, then you should decrease the pressure of the presser foot.
Easy threading system
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger has an easy and fast looper and threading system. This makes your task easy and helps to save time. Moreover, the machine can sew 1100 stitches per minute. Thus, sewing projects can be finished fast using thisserger.
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger is available with a blind stitch foot, gather foot, and various other accessories. While the blind stitch foot helps you to create a blind hem for dresses and home décor products, the gather foot helps to form soft gathers in fabric. It can also be used to stitch gathered fabric on to a flat one.
The serger has a storage that is in-built in the device that can be used for storing all the accessories. Thus, you do not have to worry about the accessories getting lost.
25 years warranty
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger comes with 25 years of warranty for manufacturers defect. For parts and labor, it provides 90 days warranty.
Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced SergerAccessories
The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger comes with an accessory bag that contains the following.
- Needle set: The bag contains a needle set with needles of different sizes for sewing fabric of varying thickness and weight. Thus, you can undertake various types of sewing projects with this machine.
- Thread net:This is a stretchable plastic mesh that can be used for storing embroidery thread spools. The net prevents the thread from coming off from the spool when not in use. The accessory bag comes with 4nos of thread net.
- Tweezers:The tweezer comes with an angled edge that provides a good grasp of small objects while sewing like thread or small embellishments. It also helps you reach areas with limited space in the serger. The accessory bag comes with 1no of tweezer.
- Spool cap: This is a smallcap that is placed on the spool pin to hold the thread. It allows the thread to unwind properly without tangling. This is a boon while stitching as you do not worry about the thread getting knotted. The accessory bag comes with fournos of spool caps.
- Spool mats: A spool mat is used when you place small spools of thread on the spool pin. The accessory bag comes with fournos of spool mats.
- Cleaning brush:This brush can be used to clean the serger and keep it lint-free. The bristles are made of top-grade material, and it can be used for cleaning other brands of sergers and sewing machines as well.
- Hexagonal wrench: This wrench can be used for removing any screws or needles from the serger. It is a very handy tool for maintaining the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger.
- Softcover: The accessories bag also comes with a soft cover that is made of high-quality material. This cover can protect the serger from dust and dirt and helps keep it clean.
- Operating manual: The manual contains all the instructions for first-time users. Whether it is installing the serger or operating the same, you are sure to find all detailed information in this manual.
Pros of Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger
- Provides excellent cover stitch: The Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger provides a beautiful cover stitch that covers the raw edges of the fabric. The stitches have excellent finish and also offer stretchability to the material. They are highly durable and provides complete protection from fraying.
- Affordable: Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced sergeris available for less than $330. This is a fair price considering that this is an advanced serger. Thus, it is highly affordable. If you want to undertake several sewing projects, then this serger is theright choice. It is also sturdy and robust and is highly durable.
- Quiet operation: The serger works without making a loud noise. Thus, if you are running a garment business from home, then you do not have to worry about disturbing your neighbors by the sound of the machine.
- All basic foot available: The serger is available with all basic foot required to sewing fabric like blind hem foot and gather foot. You need to purchase an additional foot only if you want to undertake specialized sewing.
- Color-coded threading: The color-coded threading ensures that all the threads are correctly placed. Moreover, it is easy to thread and provides hassle-free operation. There is no question of the colors getting mixed up because of the color codes.
- Easy set-up: The accessories bag of the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced sergercomes with an operation manual that contains all information about its installation and operation. First-time users of the machine can make use of this manual to start operating the same.
- Versatility: Apart from creatingprofessional hem, this serger can also be used to attach elastic, lace, and other embellishments to the edge of the fabric. It can be used for sewing decorative cover stitch, durable strapping for dance garments, and also to stitch belt loops.
- Lightweight: With so many different features, you would think that the serger would weigh a ton. But the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger is only 13 pounds and hence is easy to carry around.
- User-friendly: Sewers of all experience level can use the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger. Whether you are an entry-level seamstress or a professional, you can create excellent designs using this machine.
- More number of stitches per minute: This serger can sew about 1100 stitches per minute. This is a much higher number when compared to other sergers. Thus, the machine can be used to complete sewing projects fast.
- Can stitch different types of stitches: Apart from the professional hem, the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger can sew chain stitch and other decorative stitches as well. Thus, you can undertake various sewing projects with this serger.
Cons of Brother Cover Stitch 2340CV Advanced Serger
- No free arm: Free arm is an extendable arm that can be used for stitching cylindrical pieces of fabric like the legs of a trouser or the sleeve of a shirt. Since the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger does not have a free arm, it is difficult to undertake all types of sewing in this serger.
- Cannot be used for heavy-duty fabric: If you want to stitch heavy duty fabric like denim or multiple layers of thick material, then it is not possible in this serger. You can sew only light to medium weight garment in the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger.
- Manually adjust tension: The tension on the thread is not automatically controlled in this machine. You need to adjust the same manually. Since there are four threading guides, each one of them should be changed so that the stitch comes perfectly. This requires practice and can be difficult for beginners. It is also a time-consuming task.
Because of its versatility and excellent stitches, the Brother cover stitch 2340CV advanced serger is a must-have for all those who wish to undertake sewing projects.The color-coded thread guide and adjust dial for stitch length makes the serger user-friendly. When combined with good quality sewing machines, you can create excellent designs. The serger is highly durable and user-friendly and would make a value for money product.