The Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine is an absolutely unbelievable machine that was made with the intention of easing your sewing works. it is one that has a very wide range of usage with its numerous features to make sewing very convenient for you.
If you’re someone who does a lot of quilting, as well as the regular sewing, and you’re having issues with your sewing machine being able to do both conveniently, then you should look no further than Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine. It’s one that you’ll no doubt enjoy using for your sewing and quilting projects. Continue reading my review to find out more about this sewing machine.
Brother CS7000i Computerized Sewing Machine Review
70 Built-In Stitches
This sewing machine is very different from your regular machines. It has 70 stitches built in it, with all 70 being very unique and different from each other. The stitches range from quilting stitch to heirloom stitch, decorative stitch, and utility stitch, etc. all built in the machine to make your work easier, allow you work faster and also to allow you to be creative with your sewing projects without encountering any difficulties while working. It is also able to sew at a speed of 850 stitches per minute which makes it a pretty fast machine, even for all the qualities it possesses.
It’s not often that you find a sewing machine that can sew and quilt, as well as having 70 unique stitched built in it, with 7 auto-size buttonholes and still have a maximum speed of 850 stitches per minute. If these are all a sewing machine can offer, then you can bet that it’s a pretty good sewing machine. But that’s not all. Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine offers a lot more features, and you can safely say that this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Automatic Needle Threader and a Drop-in Bobbin
How many tailors and seamstresses are there that have had to struggle with jamming bobbin or even spent precious few seconds or even minutes of their lives trying to thread their needle. Many have even had to seek for articles and video tutorials on google detailing on ‘how to thread a needle’ in a particular sewing machine.
With the automatic needle threader in brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine, you wouldn’t have any problem trying to thread the needle. The automatic needle threader pushes the thread perfectly and conveniently through the needle, and you’re ready to sew without going through that initial little stress of threading the needle yourself. This machine also has a drop in the top bobbin that is resistant to jamming. Both of these features make for faster and more convenient sewing and quilting.
10 Presser Feet Made For Different Purposes
Brother CS7000i has 10 different presser feet with each of them made for different purposes to make sewing easy and convenient for you. This means that you don’t require a foot pedal to work on this machine. This makes this sewing machine ideal for people who might not be able to use the foot pedal due to old age or some disability of some kind. It’s also appropriate for teaching kids (and beginners generally) to sew, as they may not have the level of coordination that they need to use the foot pedal while operating the machine at the same time. Instead of having to use the foot pedal, you simply use the button at the side of the machine to start and stop with, while using your presser foot for the remaining action.
The presser feet are 1/4” piercing foot, button sewing foot, spring action quilting foot, blind stitch foot, walking foot, zigzag foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, and monogramming presser foot. Individual presser feet can be used differently and their usage is stated below;
- 1/4″ piercing foot
- Button sewing foot
- Spring action quilting foot
- Blind stitch foot
- Walking foot
- Zigzag foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Zipper foot: this foot is used when you’re sewing on zippers.
- Overcasting foot: this foot is used alongside overcast stitches. It is used to join seam together and finish them off all at the same time.
- Monogramming presser foot: this foot is used alongside the decorative stitches of the machine. But because this sewing machine isn’t a monogramming machine, it’ll be impossible for you to add letters to it.
It is used to create the standard quilting pattern, which is the 1/4″ seams. This foot makes it easier for you to create these seams perfectly.
This foot is used to sew on buttons.
This foot is to be used for quilting on the free motion.
This foot is used to create blind hems, in which the stitch isn’t showing on the outside of the fabric.
This foot is used when you have to feed both the bottom and top layers of your cloth at the same or at a similar rate. This is an added advantage if you’re quilting or you’re working on thick materials.
This foot is used for sewing, especially if you are working on a zigzag stitch or a straight stitch.
This foot is used to create buttonholes that are auto-sized.
These presser feet are also very easy to attach. Unlike the traditional sewing machines that will require you have to screw the presser foot in, with Brother CS7000i, it’s as easy as snapping the presser feet into the right place.
Features and Description
- The 70 different and unique built-in stitch feature of this sewing machine is one that allows for more creativity while sewing. It incorporates many other stitches like heirloom stitch, quilting stitch, utility stitch and decorative stitch which allows you to do much more with your sewing project. This is unlike many other sewing machines that only allow you to do the normal, regular stitches such as straight stitch, zig-zag stitch, etc. this sewing machine offers a whole lot more than that.
- The drop-in top bobbin and automatic needle threader are other features of this machine that sets it apart from the rest. This allows you to sew or quilt conveniently without having to deal with a jamming bobbin or go having to thread the needle yourself. Instead, you can easily reach out to the side of the sewing machine and touch the lever at the side. The machine will automatically push the thread perfectly through the needle for you.
- The LCD screen of the Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine gives you a display that makes it easier for you to choose your preferred stitch and also to view the stitch you have chosen. By simply hitting on a button, you can easily make your stitch selection and you’ll see your selected stitch displayed on the backlit LCD display screen.
- The convenient features of this machine are such that it has a button for almost everything. It has a button to start sewing or to stop sewing. It has another button in case you want to reverse sew. There’s another button for the needle to go up or come down. And there is another button to help you control the speed of sewing. This computerized sewing machine is unarguably one of the most convenient sewing machines you can ever work on.
- Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine also comes with some accessories for the machine. It comes with a hard protective case with which you can cover the machine when you’re not using it, just to protect the sewing machine. This increases the durability of the machine and ensures that you can transport it easily while ensuring that it is well and firmly protected. It also comes with a detachable wide table of its own which will come in handy for the user working on a large project and for those who are quilting on the machine. The purpose of this wide table is for you to have the needed space to maneuver your work while you’re either sewing or quilting.
- This machine has 10 presser feet for different purposes. The 10 presser feet includes piercing foot, button sewing foot, spring action quilting foot, blind stitch foot, walking foot, zigzag foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot and monogramming presser foot. So you have to pick and fix the presser foot that you’ll be using based on the project you’re working on or what you want to do on the machine. This is very much different from other sewing machines that have just one presser foot for all the different activities involved in sewing and quilting.
- This machine has a free-arm capability which makes it a lot easier for you to sew your sleeves, cuffs and skinny jeans. The mechanism of drop feed which this machine also has allows for free motion quilting and sewing.
- It has a bilingual users’ instruction manual, written in both English and Spanish and a 25-year limited warranty and free technical help and support throughout the life of the machine.
Pros and Cons
Like many other sewing machines and other equipment, Brother CS7000i has its pros and cons. Understanding this and weighing both the pros and the cons will help you determine whether or not you should be buying this sewing machine, and if it’s the right one for you.
- CS7000i comes with a manual written in plain and understandable language that can help you to set up the machine, especially if you’re a beginner.
- It has a bobbin cover that you can see through which will help you to gauge the quantity of thread that is remaining on the bobbin.
- It has 70 built-in stitches, more than many other sewing machines.
- This sewing machine comes with a lot of accessories that make it easier for you to use the machine.
- A versatile machine that can be used for both sewing and quilting and is also user-friendly.
- A good choice for regular quilters and is also excellent for beginners learning to sew.
- It is very affordable and you’re surely going to get the value for your money.
- It has a lot of feet for both sewing and quilting.
- The machine threads the needle automatically by itself.
- Stable and durable, with a cover case to protect it when it’s not in use.
- It has an automatic buttonhole maker.
- The machine has a button to start/stop, reverse sew and to also regulate speed. So, you don’t have to go through the stress of using a foot pedal.
- The thread catches when you’re making buttonholes. But you can prevent this by making the buttonholes in medium speed and putting your hand under the thread that’s at the top of the sewing machine.
- It works best for light sewing and is not ideal for heavy-duty sewing or with fabrics that are very thick.
- It weighs more than 13 pounds, and many users think that’s too heavy. So, it’s not really considered a portable sewing machine.
- The needle threader is inconsistent and you might experience some difficulty trying to learn how to use it.
- It might have issues with tension, and you’re unable to adjust the presser foot tension or the lower tension.
Customer Reviews and Score
The Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine is a very powerful machine with a lot of features that allow both sewing and quilting on the machine. It is designed for convenience and made very easy to use. This makes it open to a wide range of users, whether you’re a pro at quilting already or you’re just starting out to learn how to sew.
At the time of writing this review, there have already been over 8500 reviews of this machine with most of them being positive and the machine scoring 4.5 stars out of a possible 5 star. That’s quite an impressive score for a review totaling up to 8689.
However, there are some users that have been left unimpressed with this sewing machine, claiming that they get “persistent E6 error”. A user claimed that the E6 error was due to the fact that, after just 3 months of use, the machines had one of its bearing rusted.
Another user who also claimed to receive the same E6 error said that he took it for warranty repair and he was told that it was due to the machine not having a metal frame inside it and the machine was kicked out of timing as the needle hit the thick fabric.
These critical reviews are very much isolated cases if the 8689 customer ratings are anything to go by. Only 6% of the total reviewer gave a 1-star rating, only 2% gave 2 stars, and another 4% gave 3 stars. So, the total number of people that gave less than 4 stars for Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine is just 12%. While another 11% gave 4 stars, leaving the bulk of the rating (77% in total) at 5 stars.
Therefore, most of the reviews you’ll find about this sewing machine are positive reviews. One user claims that she has been using the machine for close to 3 years and she doesn’t have any issue with it, calling it a “reliable home machine”. Another user says it’s “highly recommended” because of its computerized perks and several stitch options. A different user also called the machine “great and easy to use”.
As mentioned earlier, the review for this sewing machine is majorly positive, with 77% of the 8,689 customers that have rated the machine giving it a 5 star. It’s definitely not a risk if you decide to buy this machine for your sewing and quilting projects. It’s also one sewing machine that I strongly recommend.
In summary, Brother CS7000i computerized sewing machine is a highly rated and highly recommended sewing machine for all range of users, beginners, intermediate, and advanced sewers and quilters. This feature-rich machine for quilters and sewers is built to offer you ease and convenience to help you at all points of your sewing and quilting projects.
With its 25 years limited warranty, it is one machine that you can be sure will last very long, especially if you use it accordingly. This would mean that you go through the users’ instructional manual and try to understand the way the machine works before you start to use it. The manual is also there as your first point of call if you have any issues with the machine. It also comes with online technical support and a free customer phone which gives you access to the manufacturers for support at any time throughout the life span of the machine.
For such affordable price, you can be sure that you’ll get your returns and the value for your money with this machine. Considering the numerous features and the ease of use, you should absolutely get this sewing machine.